Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Host (Book) - Review

Author : Stephenie Meyer

Plot : Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a

species that takes over the minds of their human hosts while leaving

their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed. Wanderer, the

invading ’soul’ who has been given Melanie’s body, knew about the

challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the

too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn’t

expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession

of her mind.

Review : I really enjoyed the Twilight books, and was really looking forward to reading this. When I started to read this I didn’t get into the style of writing, the story and was a little put off by that as I was taken in very fast with Twilight.

I have had this book for a while, and most of the time it just sat next to me and I couldn’t be bothered reading it due to not getting into the story, characters and pace of the book. I managed to read up to 50% and it just sat there like that for a few weeks.

If you asked me what I thought of it then, I would have said not really a good read, very slow to get into the characters and I wasn’t sure if I would actually finish it.

So this week I decided that I will finish it and see how it ends, so I read a few chapters a night and this is my thoughts on it now.

Now that I have read a good chunk each night and finished it, its actually not as bad as I originally thought. I did get into the characters, maybe not as much as I did with the Twilight characters but I did get into the main ones.

I am glad I did finish it as I would read its sequel if there was one, as it was an interesting story and ending not as good as Twilight but still good.

Overall I feel this is a book you need to read on a daily basis, and not put it down for a while or you will not pick it up. Due to the story and the details, you need to keep reading it to get into the storyline and pace. I think if I did that to start with I would have probably finished it a while ago.

My Rating : 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment