Friday, March 27, 2009

a crazy week of caffeine, blizzard warnings, love and demons

This week (or maybe just the caffeine I’ve ingested today) is making my head spin!  There’s not even really that much going on, at least not outside of my head.  Inside of my head, however, this week has had its fair share of thinking and processing and working way too hard.   Weeks like this can take a toll on a person, that’s for sure. 

 

Work was called off due to the blizzard warning today (seriously.   a blizzard warning.)  Before learning that the office would be closing, I stopped by the library to pick up some reading material (in case the electricity happens to go out~ so I’d have something to do while snuggling under blankets with my puppies).  I picked up three things off of my reading list, and then headed to work.  After that, I had lunch with an amazing woman, and headed home.   

 

My afternoon goal was to finish reading “Of Love and Other Demons” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  

This is the third book I’ve read by Marquez, and like the others, it did not fail to captivate me.  I will admit that at times I was tempted to skim over a paragraph or two.  I resolved to read every word and was not disappointed.   

 

I hope everyone stays warm!  

No comments:

Post a Comment