Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I just keep reading...

Ever since I re-discovered that the public library is an endless source of free books (!), I have been a reading fool.   This weekened, I read :

This book was fantastic.   The story of two women living in Afghanistan, it provides a unique glimpes into the culture and the lives of Muslim women in the Middle East.   I loved every second of this book. 

Yesterday, I started and finished a much funnier, lighter read.

To be honest, Olivia’s over-active imagination reminds me of my own at times.  The main difference, however, is that my adventures rarely end up being so…adventurous.   This book was charming and enjoyable.   Definitely good for a cold, rainy Monday evening.  

Next up: The Areas of My Expertise, by John Hodgman.  I’m already on page 61, and so far, I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment