Thursday, October 15, 2009

Book Review: Green; Book Zero, The Beginning And The End by Ted Dekker

Green by Ted Dekker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Green is the last and the first of a series. One can begin the series with it, or end the series with it.

It is a sort of Christian science fiction. It is almost Narnia for adults.

The story line is good. It hooks the reader and keeps them interested. The only problem is that it takes a while of reading before one truly begins to understand the story line.

Presenting the reader with pictures of sin, Satan, Christ, redemption and forgiveness, as well as the all-too-well-known struggle of good against evil, Green is a book that is saturated with Biblical themes.

Having never read a Dekker book before, I did not know what to expect. I was surprised by the ability to write that Dekker has. The book is superb in almost every aspect. It is a book that I did not want to put down.

I have awarded it four stars because one should be initiated into the plot a little sooner than he is.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment