Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Project- Day 3

Please read this post to get the background on The Project

See The Project for Day 1, Day 2

Here’s what we ready today with the running total: (R = repeat)

13. Oh No Otis! by Julie E. Frankel

14. Little Bear Brushes His Teeth by Jutta Langreuter and Vera Sobat

15. Slumber Party by Judith Caseley

16. Welcome to Molly’s World – 1944: Growing Up in World War Two America by The American Girls Collection

R. No Jumping On The Bed by Tedd Arnold

17. Hello Cat, You Need a Hat by Rita Golden Gelman

18. All Aboard! A True Train Story by Susan Kuklin

I am still reading the books listed on Day 1, but I also began (and continued) the following books:

5. A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson (I attended a conference where she spoke today and it was absolutely AMAZING! I will share what I learned soon in a post. On the way home, I stopped at the library to get some of her books. I started A Return to Love tonight and it is excellent!)

6. Ghandi on Non-Violence: A Selection from the Writings of Mahatma Ghandi edited by Thomas Merton I’m really enjoying this book, Thomas Merton gives an excellent introduction that is very profound and moving. He states that violence is a result of the inability to express ourselves through loving communication. When we reach a point of not being able to communicate what we think, feel or believe, then we turn to violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment