Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Cliquetionary by Lisi Harrison

The Cliquetionary Dying to know the Pretty Committee’s juiciest gossip? Curioius what people mean when they call you an LBR? (Hint: it’s nawt a compliment.) Want tips on how to go from a six-point-ew to a ten?

Ah-bviously! This cute-times-a-million gift book contains the Clique’s best comebacks, favourite expressions, and silliest secrets. One hundred Gossip Points if you can guess Massie’s first lip kiss…

I think this book will turn out to be useful in the long run, especially if you’re a Clique Fanfic writer like me. The sections I found the most useful was the Clique’s Crush Weband the Pretty Committee’s Master Packing List (which I consult all the time, no lie). I wasn’t particularly interested in the list of comebacks and the billions of quotes about boys and lip-kissing and whatnot. I laughed when I saw all of the crappy poetry that that had been displayed over the years in the books.

In terms of finding out more info about the Clique characters, it was the PC’s bios and the Crush Web that surprised me the most. Did you know Skye and Chris liked each other at one point? And so Kemp and Skye and Chris Abeley and Skye and Josh Hotz and Skye? Like, when did that happen?

(It totally ruined my Ten Things for Chris Plovert, because I kind of make him hate her…oh well.)

And it turns out that Dylan kissed that tennis star and Kristen’s first kiss was Dune. Huh.

It’s a good buy, especially since it’s only 7.99 at Target.

[Via http://findingmaddieland.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment