Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

To impress the popular girls on a high school trip to London, klutzy Callie buys real Prada heels. But trying them on, she trips…conks her head…and wakes up in the year 1815!

There Callie meets Emily, who takes her in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. As she spends time with Emily’s family, Callie warms to them—particularly to Emily’s cousin Alex, a hottie and a duke, if a tad arrogant.

But can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, and win Alex’s heart, before her time in the past is up?

More Cabot than Ibbotson, Prada and Prejudice is a high-concept romantic comedy about finding friendship and love in the past in order to have happiness in the present.

I was feeling down the day I read Prada and Prejudice but thirty pages later, I had a big grin on my face. Prada and Prejudice kept me entertained throughout and cheered me up with it’s hilarious dialogues. Callie is witty, brainy and likable. I can completely understand her feelings, tripping and waking up in the middle of nowhere.

Alex is a dashing, enigmatic and perplexing character. On one hand, he can be quite hot but on the other, he is an arrogant jerk. Despite everything, I still found him drool-worthy.

The ending was perfect. It may be kind of ambiguous but it’s the best ending for this book.

Overall, Prada and Prejudice is a delightful, funny and entertaining read and I would like to say congrats to Mandy Hubbard after spending so much time on this novel– it’s finally out! I recommend P&P if you are looking for a fun book to read. It will keep you laughing the whole time!

[Via http://readthisbook.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment