Monday, September 7, 2009

Barnes and Nobel

Someone take my debit card away from me before I spend more money! I went to the B&N site to check on the release date of Alex Kava’s new book and to see if Nevada Barr’s new one has hit shelves yet.

Unfortunately, they had a book listed in their “spotlight” that intrigued me.  I didn’t end up buying it – kind of wish I had – but I decided to check it out from the library first to see if I liked it.  The book was titled “Hope for Animals and Their World: How endangered species are being rescued from the brink” written by Jane Goodall.

The description reads: Goodall illuminates the heroic efforts of dedicated environmentalists and the truly critical need to protect the habitats of these beloved species. At once a celebration of the animal kingdom and a passionate call to arms, HOPE FOR ANIMALS THEIR WORLD presents an uplifting, hopeful message for the future of animal-human coexistence.

It sounds like it would be an interesting read but sometimes those books aren’t written for layman so wanted to be sure I, with my limited scientific knowledge, could understand what the author is saying.

However, it got me looking at books about nature which is a great thing for expanding my knowledge but a terrible thing for keeping the money in my pocketbook.  I came across the following titles that I decided to purchase:

The World Without Us – by Alan Westman

Wonders of Weather – by Frances Nankin

Nature’s Fury: History of Wild Weather and Natural Disasters – By Life Magazine

If Dogs Could Talk – by Jose Zodak

Wolves: A Photographic Celebration – by Amber Rose

Big Cats: Their Power and Beauty – by Deborah Alexander

Saving Planet Earth – by Tony Juniper

I know it seems like I had to have spent a fortune but actually each book was around $5 with my membership discount and a 15% off coupon I had, so how could I go wrong? They are all hardbounds as well.  Shipping is free so that helped out a lot too.

Have I ever mentioned before how much I love books?

[Via http://seamonster02.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment